Are there health behavior changes you have wanted to make but haven’t known where to begin? Has a new health concern arisen that you want to address? Are you navigating a chronic health condition, and want to create a plan to improve your outcome? If so, health coaching may be for you.
Health coaching is a relationship which empowers the client to make lasting health behavior changes. A health coach is trained to guide a client in developing awareness, identifying values, and transforming their health goals into action to realize their optimal health. It can help to bridge the gap between medical recommendations and your ability to successfully implement those recommendations into your complex life. A coach is similar to a “personal trainer” except the focus is your total health picture.
Integrative health is an approach to wellness that puts the patient at the center and addresses the full range of physical, emotional, mental, social, spiritual and environmental influences that affect a person’s health. It is informed by scientific evidence, and makes use of all appropriate therapeutic approaches to achieve optimal health, healing and prevention.
• An integrative health coach works with the whole person, takes time to listen to your concerns, and asks powerful questions to help motivate change in the areas that you have identified.
• Coaching begins with a comprehensive personal health inventory to facilitate inquiry and personal discovery. Some examples of focus are: nutrition, movement, exercise, rest, mind-body connection, personal and professional development, relationships.
• Coaching helps to facilitate behavior change through a structured, supportive partnership between you and your coach.
• Coaches can help you to identify obstacles to change and create strategies for forward movement.
• Coaches provide additional resources for making healthy behavior changes.
• Sessions can take place over the telephone, by Skype, or in person.
• Free 15 minute call for an initial consultation of your coaching needs.
• In-depth initial session of 80 minutes (includes a personalized health inventory and plan) plus 6 sessions of 30-45 minutes each.